We’re the Preferred Chimney Sweep in West Newton, IN 46183
Whether you use it every day, once a year, or only use it as a spot to set your cup down, your fireplace is a central part of your living room. It takes up a lot of space and keeps your home warm on a winter’s day. While you may often clean the outside of your fireplace to make sure it looks beautiful for your guests, there are many reasons why you should get the inside regularly cleaned as well.
Benefits of Getting a Chimney Cleaner Near Me in West Newton, IN – Smalling Masonry
Neglecting your fireplace is not only dirty but dangerous. If you ignore your Marion County chimney when you’re doing some spring cleaning, you can risk your roof collapsing, a fire starting, or growing ill due to mold or soot buildup.
Before your West Newton, IN chimney starts to have issues, search for a “chimney cleaning near me.” Below includes a brief history of the fireplace, the dangers of having a dirty chimney, and the many benefits of keeping your chimney clean.
The Dangers of a Dirty Chimney
Even if you don’t use your chimney as often as your ancestors did, you should still get it cleaned and inspected, at least annually. If you fail to do so, you can risk many damages to your home and your health. If you don’t notice wear and tear on your chimney, water can enter the cracks, and mold can flourish, harming the air in your home. Long-term mold exposure can cause many adverse health effects.
Also, if you have a damaged chimney, you can risk it collapsing, harming your roof and your yard as it tumbles down. Finally, leaves and soot can accumulate in your chimney if you never clean it. If they continue to fill the space, you can risk a house fire starting, causing many tragedies.
While getting a chimney cleaning will prevent these negative side effects of owning a fireplace, there are other benefits to consider as well.
- Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: You’ve probably heard of this gas before, but never for good reasons. Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas that, at high levels, is deadly. The way carbon monoxide harms your body is that the gas enters your bloodstream and replaces the oxygen in your blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can cause tissue damage and, if untreated, death. Having buildup in your fireplace, whether soot, leaves, or animals, compromises the airflow. This lack of airflow allows the gas to enter your home and harm your family. To keep your family safe, get a chimney cleaning done to ensure it’s free of debris.
- Look For Creosote: When you have a buildup of creosote in your West Newton, IN chimney, your house can ignite and burn down before you know it. Creosote is a chemical formed by the combustion of wood. The chemical travels with the smoke, and when it mixes with cold air, it solidifies and can stick to the liner of your chimney. To keep your house safe, you need to search for a “chimney cleaning near me” before tragedy strikes.
- Longevity: When you search for chimney cleaning services in West Newton, IN to clean your chimney, you can improve its longevity. With annual checking, you will know right away if there are any cracks or damages to your chimney. If you know the damages, you can get them repaired before something happens. Keeping your chimney clean and fixed when issues appear promotes its longevity.
- Reduce Foul Odors: You may not know what is residing in your chimney. If you never hire a chimney cleaning service for your Marion County home, you won’t locate where that horrible odor is coming from in your home. Sources of the stench can include mold, animal carcasses, creosote, leaves, or soot buildup. Getting a chimney cleaning in West Newton, IN will reduce these foul odors.
- Make Inspections Easier: When you have annual inspections on your chimney, it’s easier to inspect it in the future. If you wait several years before getting a chimney cleaning, the chimney sweep will have to shuffle through years of buildup. Therefore, make your cleanings easier by getting them done often.
- Prevent Repairs: In the same vein as getting your chimney inspected annually, the more often you search for a “chimney cleaning near me” and hire one, the quicker you will notice the need for repairs. Your chimney sweep can catch small issues before they grow into larger ones. Getting your chimney inspected protects your family from harm. Do ground inspections as well, and if you notice any severe damage, call a chimney sweep immediately.
- Peace of Mind: Finally, the best benefit of having a chimney cleaning service performed is that you have the peace of mind of knowing that you and your family are safe because of your Smalling Masonry chimney cleaning. You know that whenever issues arise, you can call a chimney sweep and get them fixed. Also, you know that your chimney is safe, and you can walk past your fireplace daily without concern.
Call Us Today for Chimney Service
Whether you use your chimney as often as your ancestors did or you have never used it before, you should get a chimney cleaning done annually before any issues arise. There are many benefits of keeping up with your fireplace cleaning and if you’re ready to reap those rewards, call Smalling Masonry at 317-903-8121 today.